fx: 253/620-7235

From: Vance, Charles [mailto:cvance(--nospam--at)ibhs.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 5:18 AM

All,
	If you haven't already read the preliminary reports on wind
speed measurements for Ivan and Frances, I think the link will be of
great interest.  The most notable evidence thus far that homes and
businesses are being damaged by winds that rarely exceeded 100mph.  Ivan
was identified as a Cat 3 hurricane (111-130mph) by the media, but it
did not come ashore with that force wind.  Storm surge yes, wind speed
no!  The Fortified program has prescriptive requirements to withstand
130mph peak gust winds.  Chuck

http://www.ibhs.org./newsroom/view.asp?id=368

	Charles T. (Chuck) Vance
	Fortified Program Administrator
	IBHS
	4775 E. Fowler Ave.
	Tampa, FL 33617
	813 675-1039
	813 286-9960 (fax)
	cvance(--nospam--at)ibhs.org

	Building a new home?  Help protect homes and families by
promoting the construction of "Fortified...for safer living" homes.
Click here to find out more:
http://www.ibhs.org/property_protection/default.asp?id=8