RE: Does anyone outsource CAD serrvices

From: Supratim Kar [mailto:skar(--nospam--at)imsi-pm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 3:32 AM
To: dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net; mcclureink(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net
Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Does anyone outsource CAD serrvices

Ø      I understand very well whatever you have said. But consider this: to every American unemployed there are 20 people

Ø      Unemployed in India (and they are qualified graduates). About 40% of the 1 billion population in India is below the poverty

Ø      level, they cannot afford even two meals a day. Is it wrong even then, if you take a step forward in helping them? I hope you

Ø      understand it is not about India or America, it is just being humane.

While I agree with you philosophically, it appears that you are inferring that Americans DON’T help India. I would like for you to do a little research and get back to us on the following:

  1. How many Indian resident aliens (that is, people who have Indian, not U.S. citizenship) currently live and work in the United States?

  1. What is the number of dollars or converted currency is sent by American citizens of Indian or South Asian descent to India on an annual basis?

  1. What is the balance of trade between India and the U.S.?

  1. How much in direct and indirect (e.g. IMF contributions of which the U.S. makes up a percentage) foreign aid is given annually to India by the U.S.?

  1. What is the amount of contributions in dollars AND donations-in-kind (i.e. goods and services) made by non-governmental organizations, private charities, religious societies, etc., flowing from the U.S. to India?

You may, if you wish, also ascertain the numbers going “the other way” (e.g. U.S. citizens living and working in India and sending contributions home).

Notice that I’m not taking a stance on the concept of offering your services to do American work in India, but rather I am addressing what you SEEM to be saying, that America “doesn’t take a step forward” to help India. Gratitude is a worthy virtue, whether individually or collectively.