RE: Masonry mortar: Low Compression Results

I'd be curious to know whether the mortar mix was "wrong" (lower cement, higher lime and/or sand), or whether the cubes were taken after the mix had been "given a drink" at the end of a batch. I would suspect a low strength mix might be okay, but a high strength mix with too much water or late water additions could lead to more cracking problems down the road.

Jordan Truesdell, PE