From: Will H [mailto:haynewp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:55 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Anchor bolt confinement in pedestals

I usually see something like (4)-#3 ties @ 3" o.c. enclosing
anchor bolts at
the top of a concrete pedestal which is supporting axial load
from a column.

I am having trouble finding something in ACI that describes this as a
detailing/design requirement. Does anyone know where ACI
addresses this or
has designed for this before?

Will Haynes, P.E.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
it's FREE!