From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 12:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Anchor bolt confinement in pedestals

FWIW, this provision which is now in ACI 318 came by way of the model
building codes.  There has been such a provision in the BOCA codes since
the 1996 edition (too lazy to crack open the 1993 edition to check) in
the form of section 1913.1.3 and from there it made into the 2000 IBC in
section 1910.4.3.  I don't recall if there such a provision in the 1997
UBC or not.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI