Canopy Wind Loads

I am desigining a canopy addition to a church.  It is to cover an entry area
and a drive-under area, similar to many hotels.  The plan dimensions are 30'
x 45', and it will be about 15' high at the underside of wood roof trusses.
I am using the tabulated wind loads in IBC2000, adjusted up by 1.4 to
exposure C, but I think I am being too conservative.  I am using the
overhang load for the uplift force across the entire bottom soffit area (120
mph: -53.8 @ ends, -42.1 @ int.).  I believe I am using all of the other
windloads correctly per Figure 1609.6(3).

Please email me directly as I am in digest mode.

dbryant61(--nospam--at)cox.net

Thanks,

Donald R. Bryant, PE
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY