RE: Now Political Now: OT Freespeech

Bill, and others;

Shafat and I created this list and every one of you who use it owns it. The
majority rules this list and because of this, suggestions that we categorize
our Subject line in order to allow you to easily filter out messages. The
majority decided that they did not want to remember codes or topics to
precede a subject line. We now get from 10 to 70 posts a day (depending on
what topic is hot) and many of you spend your time either reviewing digest
format (which I find difficult to respond to) or delete posts that don't
interest you. For me, this is time consuming and I find my SEAINT Folder
growing in size of unread mail because I simply don't want to spend time
each day or weekly to eliminate messages and save others that may help me in
future work I do.

I am still offering you a choice, but it is not on the SEAINT List and it is
not intended to lure you away from a List that I am so dedicated to.
However, I don't believe it is appropriate to post a message with the intent
to impose an opinion on those you are debating and the vast majority who are
apathetic to these topics.

I started the FreeSpeech(--nospam--at)structuralist.net for this purpose - IT IS NOT
MODERATED. If I don't like the direction a topic is going, I'll unsubscribe
myself or look the other way - but this is a place for you to, hopefully,
discuss issues as mature adults and not go ballistic on one another. Look, I
admit that I am one of original offenders of the policies that I helped
create. When one person starts a hot discussion others will believe it is
open season and all gloves come off. This is not the case on the SEAINT
List. You, the majority, decided a long time ago that heated debates not
specifically related to engineering (specifically politics and politicians)
was inappropriate.

So why not respect the rules that were based on the majority comments some
six years or more and take non-engineering discussions someplace else. To
keep it in the "family" I started FreeSpeech(--nospam--at)Structuralist.Net. Just keep
the engineering topics off my FreeSpeech Listservice :>)

Respectfully,
Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org