RE: Now Political Now: OT Freespeech

David,
I believe you are wrong about this. Possibly it predates your long history
on this list, but it was some six to eight years ago that political topics
became so heated that many members were given time out by Shafat (me
included). It was out of control and many "Lurkers" went to the SEAOSC board
of directors to complain about the number of messages that were coming
through with such contempt for each other on political differences.
Furthermore, many companies distribute SEAINT e-mail through the company
server and it went against what the Navy (and/or other military servers)
would allow. Larger engineering companies did not want their employees to
waste their time reading and becoming involved in these posts.

So there was an "administrative" decision made - Shafat is and was the List
administrator and the decision was given by him. We have to respect this
decision considering that with this possible exception, Shafat has not been
forced to moderate this list.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org