Re: Now Political Now: OT Freespeech

We seem to argue only about the Democrats and Republicans. Obviously this is
not a political discussion but filled to bursting with engineering issues.
Couldn't agree more. However, this is clearly a limited and short sighted
approach to all our real problems. In the interest of expanding our
apolitical interests in engineering, I suggest starting with the
alternatives whose websites are given below. There are many more, of course,
but this is just a first step towards opening this engineering forum past
just our mundane day to day engineering practice to those topics which
really affect us when putting concrete in the ground...

http://www.reformparty.org/cgi-bin/hcgmain.cgi (we all seem to agree we need
to reform our profession in one way or another, why not start here?)
http://www.gp.org/ (will promote environmental projects, of course a benefit
to engineers)
http://www.lp.org/ (for those who feel that the market should be the sole
arbiter of who is most fit; out with the trash!)
http://www.natural-law.org/ (this one's based on science, just apply it and
it's all ours)
http://www.peaceandfreedom.org/ (who can argue with this title? I'm all for
a more peaceful existence as an engineer, especially with all the litigation
around)
http://www.cpusa.org/ (worried about job export? join here!)
http://www.dsausa.org/dsa.html (their opening statement refers to
structures - how can we go wrong with this one?)
http://www.ustaxpayers.org/do/Home (why stop at Iraq? convert the whole
world and create more engineering jobs in the process)
http://www.americafirstparty.org/ (feel betrayed? too many jobs going
overseas? don't argue, act here!)
http://www.theamericanparty.org/ (for those who feel enough's too much, let
engineer's get back to doing their own thing without so much federal
interference)
http://www.americannaziparty.com/ (when democracy just won't work - good for
big business, too)

As indicated above, there are many more.

And, finally, my abject apologies to anyone who feels this is "off topic" fo
r an engineering forum. But then, free speech is just that. Costs nothing.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc