Re: Load combinations in UBC 1997-re code intent

Alex:

I don't really see a conflict.  I believe the intent is that for all cases
execpt those involving seismic loads (E), you are to use the load
combinations in section 1909.2 (see exception 3 in section 1621.2.1).  For
those combinations with E in them, then section 1909.2.3 refers you back
to section 1612.2.1, where exception 2 will cause you to use eq 12-5 and
12-6 but multiplied by 1.1.

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI