RE: Now Political Now: OT Freespeech

Sorry, but this is a naïve statement.

What is "politics"? It is more than simple posturing, labeling, name-calling
and other instruments of demagoguery. At its most basic it is the process of
establishing public policy.

Yes, in some respects it is much like making sausage: Most people don't want
to witness the details. But any discussion of public policy is "politics."
You may have your personal definition, but it appears from your comments
here that yours and Webster's are quite different.

And a discussion of politics invariably leads to a discussion of
politicians. The original comment that supposedly led to the thread that
appeared to "horrify" you was to the effect that the current administration
is "to blame" for outsourcing.

I disagree with that; I consider it demagoguery on the part of the party
that is out of power. However, it is a LOGICAL statement to make on the face
of it. And further, it is then logical to respond that such a statement is
simplistic at best.

This is what irritates me. It is a legitimate discussion, and a logical
extension of the thread that started it. But people such as yourself feel
that you are somehow possessed of a superior knowledge to determine what is
and what is not appropriate based on your arbitrary definition.

If that's the way it is, then I repeat: Anything that can't be reduced to a
discussion of Mc/I must be forbidden from this list. Or people such as
yourself can make judicious use of the DEL key.

Whichever.