From: CLaines(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:CLaines(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 11:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Parking garage floors

I specified a Sika epoxy product sealer for a subterranean parking garage floor that leaks water to the level below per the Sika rep recommendation, but the contractor, who has done dozens of garage floor treatments, is advising against this product. He claims that Sika has been sued over the failure of this product, that it discolors and peels away and does not stop leaking through the concrete decks. He recommends a urathane coating. Anyone have experience with garage floor coatings?

Charles O. Laines, S.E.
Long Beach, CA