IBC 2003 seismic design loads for site retaining walls -10/14/04

Title: Message
Question:  Need help understanding the IBC 2003 requirements for determining the design loads for a site retaining wall not near a building in Pennsylvania.  IBC Section 1614.1, exceptions allows for design based on ASCE 7.  ASCE Section 9.14.7.2 - Earth-Retaining Structures, 9.14.7.2.1 refers back to Section 9.7.5.1.  This Section 9.7.4.1 - Investigation, falls under Seismic Design Categories D, E, & F.  We have determined that the buildings we are designing elsewhere on the site are Seismic Design Category C.  Are they referring to 9.7.4.1 to define that investigation is needed, not that we need to be Category D, E, or F?

Thanks.

James E McNutt
James E. McNutt
A. W. Lookup Corp.
jmcnutt(--nospam--at)awlookup.com

This email contains LEGALLY PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended only for the use of the recipient named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify A. W. Lookup Corporation by email AWL(--nospam--at)awlookup.com.