RE: Now Political Now: OT Freespeech

Paul,
While I agree with you (that the original post was an advertisement) I don't
think that was the intent of the original list rules to block these posts.
If, for example, this were a U.S. based Company offering affordable services
(where the labor was not outsourced) to companies that need the help we
might not be so adamant to admonish the poster.

This list has always promoted peer-helping-peer and I would think that this
would apply to anyone of us who might be able to help a company in my area
that needs the labor from another company in a depressed area of the US that
can supply it at a reasonable cost. Outsourcing is the basic objection to
the offer to supply labor - not the suggestion that we prevent peers from
helping each other.

I think there will be many more discussions about Outsourcing and it is,
unfortunately, an issue that is taking root in most developed countries that
will cost the livelihood of many "temporarily" working professionals.
However, I don't want to blanket any offer of help simply because the intent
of one has to do with issues related to Outsourcing.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org