RE: one of those undecideds...

Title: Message

Again, you cannot discuss public policy in any measure, without “discussing politics.” This isn’t like discussing who’s going to win the Super Bowl, etc. These things affect us all.

I’d rather all subjects were allowed, than have only “some” allowed but others not. To me, that is far more confusing than simply asking people to be civil, and make judicious use of DEL for those conversations not of interest.

From: Andrew Kester [mailto:akester(--nospam--at)bbma.com]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 8:21 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: one of those undecideds...

This was a valuable lesson to me (sorry I am relatively young and still learning these things) on perhaps why politics shouldn't be discussed. I find this in my personal life to be good policy (like with my family). People generally like to discuss politics, religion, etc., only with people with the same opinions, which makes no sense to me because how do you learn the other side or other ideas. For example, I listen to liberal and conservative talk radio so I hear both sides.