Re: Parking garage floors

I would prefer the urethane products.

Regards,
Harold Sprague

From: CLaines(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Parking garage floors
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:38:00 EDT

I specified a Sika epoxy product sealer for a subterranean parking garage
floor that leaks water to the level below per the Sika rep recommendation, but
the contractor, who has done dozens of garage floor treatments, is advising
against this product. He claims that Sika has been sued over the failure of
this product, that it discolors and peels away and does not stop leaking through the concrete decks. He recommends a urathane coating. Anyone have experience
with  garage floor coatings?

Charles O.  Laines, S.E.
Long Beach, CA