RE: Minimum steel in slabs on ground

Stan wrote:
"I believe that #3 or #4 bars held up by chairs are much preferable to WWM
for slabs.  This is because I have always seen the WWM being walked on and
resulting in being on the base rather than in the center of the slab."

An asside to this is that the WWM has a close bar spacing.  By spec'ing
bars, either #3 or #4's between 12" to 18" on centers, you help to eliminate
workers walking on the bar.  The spacing, as above, gives a large enough gap
for feet to fit right through.  Again, just a thought.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, Wyoming
---