From: Bill Allen, S.E. [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 6:08 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Minimum steel in slabs on ground

Eli -
>From what I understand, the only thing Fibermesh (fiberglass) does is reduce
the spider cracking that occurs when the surface of the concrete cures too
fast or is improperly cured. I don't think it reduces temperature and
shrinkage (and certainly not flexural) crack widths. Of course, I could be
wrong. It's happened before.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
http://www.AllenDesigns.com
V (949) 248-8588	 .	 F (949) 209-2509