RE: Minimum steel in slabs on ground

Bill:

I got no problem with your opinion about 360R.  And I believe that Gail in
the past has expressed her lukewarm opinion of it in addition to not being
to impressed with PCA's latested edition of Slabs on Ground.

I have never had a problem with you or others critizing ACI.  I only try
to express my desire that if you have a problem with an ACI document (or
some other groups' documents) that you would also inform the group about
your concern in addition to just expressing it in a forum such as the
List.  You tend to look at it a lecturing (and maybe it is), but I look at
it as how will ACI (or others) improve things if you and others don't make
them aware of your concerns or problems with their documents.

So, by all means, blast away at 360R or other documents.  I just don't
believe that it will do much good if it only remains on the List.  Of
course, it may not do much good even if you do raise the concerns with
ACI.  Just because someone raises a valid point to them does not mean that
it will necessarily get fixed.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI