Anchoring to Concrete

List,

I will require some help to see if we are correctly interpreting the codes
in the
referenced matter.
ACI 318-02, ( App. D ) is determinig the achoring capacities in concrete,
based
on the concrete breakout strenght in tension ( failure cone of the concrete
mass ).
It also allows to increase this capacity, when there is no cracking in the
anchoring
region.
The question is, since this capacity is based only in the concrete failure,
can it be
increased with the addition of adequate reinforcement ? i.e. enough rebar,
and properly
placed, in the ( would be ) failure cone mass, as to take the full pull-out
load.
Appreciate your opinions.

Best Regards,

Raul Labbé  S.E.