MATHCAD: Anybody Else Have This Problem?

Mathcad 2000 under Windows XP.

This drives me nuts.

Using a Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse combo, if I use the mouse wheel in Mathcad 2000, the screen goes “haywire”, the window scrolls up and down mindlessly (and out of control), for about ten seconds, then the whole window freezes. I have to end the program. The only workaround is to NOT use the mousewheel (which is difficult since I do it without thinking).

I cannot find anything on Google or on the Mathsoft website dealing with this, and of course they no longer “support” Mathcad 2000—they want me to “upgrade” (Why? What is there in Mathcad 11 or whatever it is that would compel me to shell out another $300 for an upgrade?)

This is probably just a rant and won’t produce any solution, but there you go.