RE: MATHCAD: Anybody Else Have This Problem?

I found Release 11 more stable as well with one exception. Mathsoft has
added copy protection in the form of an activation key based on the hardware
of the machine you have it installed on (they do allow you to install it on
one computer and a second that you use away from the office if you have a
single license). My Spyware software (Spy Sweeper) picked up the folder
c_dilla as a Spyware tracker and I removed it. Mathsoft was not clear in the
installation of Release 11 of their use of an Activation code located in a
folder commonly tagged by Spyware software to be used for both good and bad
purposes.
Now I can't get MathCAD 11 to load and found the link on their website to
reactivation procedures. Doesn't do me a lot of good when I needed to use
the software yesterday and today (Saturday and Sunday) - I have to wait
until tomorrow at the earliest to obtain Activation instructions since I
can't even launch the software if needed to enter a new activation code.
Reinstalling the software (and the C_dilla folder) did not solve the problem
and I need to wait for Mathsoft to respond or call them on the East Coast
tomorrow morning.
Previous versions of MathCAD would not allow upgrades or online
participation on forums (or downloading of software) without logging on to
their website and entering user information and serial number of the version
you received.
Darn - I'm ticked off about this. I just lost two days that I needed to be
productive.

Anyone know what the story is with TEDDS - are they planning any updates or
upgrades. The last one I had was nearly 18-months ago or longer.

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org