Re: Minimum steel in slabs on ground

Nel,

One way is to send in a techinical inquiry to ACI.  They used to have an
email address for this (techinq(--nospam--at)aci-int.org), but it looks like now they
have you do it by way of their webpage.  If you go to ACI's webpage
(www.concrete.org) and select "Technical Questions" from the "About ACI"
menu, you will get access to a form to submit your question (after
agreeing to their legal disclaimer).  The question will then go to an ACI
staff engineer who will try point you to an answer and, if necessary, will
contact the chair of the appropriate ACI committee.

Another way would be to directly send it to an ACI staff member.  The
leading canidate for such an email would likely be Dan Falconer, but you
could also try Shuaib Ahmad or Todd Watson.  Their email addresses are
available from the ACI website (under the "Staff" on the "About ACI"
menu).  I would suggestion "care" with this approach.  If you do go this
way, state it in terms that you have some questions and concerns about
Appendix D provisions in ACI 318 and was wondering if they would be kind
enough to forward them onto the committee for you.

The last way is send them to me.  I would be more than glad to forward
them onto the committee chair as I know him personally (he was my concrete
professor at Michigan and maintain contact with him).  I don't know how
well this method might work, but to some degree it is the "shortest
distance between two points".

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI