From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 8:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: ASD vs LRFD: Say It Ain't So

A young friend of mine who is a grad student at a local University mentioned that one of his professors has stated that "AISC is going back to ASD and away from LRFD."

I assume that he referred to the upcoming AISC Manual of Steel Construction which will, reportedly, have ASD side-by-side with LRFD in much the same way that the AISI CFS manual does.

Or is there something in the works that I don't know about? Enquiring minds want to know.