RE: Hole limitations in solid sawn wood joists

Peggy,

You may be correct, but if you are not an engineer or an architect then you can’t wet stamp the calculations necessary for the building department to accept. Furthermore, most engineers in high risk regions will not take responsibility for this as it comes with the potential for liability.

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant