RE: TI 809-04

My guess would be that "positive post-yield stiffness" refers to a material
that exhibits "strain hardening", i.e. an increase in stress is required
after yielding to increase strain to failure; whereas "negative post-yield
stiffness" would be a material for which strain drops off after yielding.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311