RE: MATHCAD: Anybody Else Have This Problem?

Scott,
I think you misunderstood. I wrote CSC today but have not received a
response as yet. Last year I did pay the maintenance fee - I think it was
$149.00 for the fee and at the time I received the upgrade to version 6.0. I
do expect this to be maintenance, but it should be retroactive from the
annual date of the fee I paid last year. My point is that I was not notified
in writing or by e-mail as I was prior to paying for the fee at the same
time 6.0 came out.
This is my only issue - not that I object to paying a maintenance fee. I
would hope that I obtain some new or improved feature each year, but I was
unable to find anything on the CSC website other than a maintenance patch
released in the last month or so for Release 7.0.
When this came into perspective, I am happy with the fee's I pay to AutoCad
for continuous updates AND upgrades. The $600.00 annual fee covers
everything and at $50.00 per month for a powerful program such as this is
worth the price. However, I think given the choice I would space out my
fee's so that they don't all come at the same time of the year (especially
during tax season).

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant

dennis.wish(--nospam--at)verizon.net

http://www.structuralist.net

"Apathy is Lethal!" Speak out and Vote - but make sure you get the facts
right without the spin from either side; Verify their claims at
FactCheck.Org; http://www.factcheck.org