Re: MATHCAD: Anybody Else Have This Problem?

After I upgraded to Mathcad 11 from Mathcad 2000, the program rarely
crashed -- its stability was greatly improved.

The currently offered version is Mathcad 12.  It allows user-defined default
units.  But Its big "step forward" is "calculation management", which allows
conversion of all worksheet information into XLM format which is searchable.
It can be used to find, document, reuse and trace sources of data, diagrams
and formulas, across generations of computations on Mathcad worksheets as
well as Excel spreadsheets and other sources.  It seems like this would be
pretty useful for large organizations that need to standardize formulas,
and use consistent computation procedures, as well as assure that the work
of several people on a project is coordinated.

This seems to me to be a program that will demand a lot of computer memory.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net