RE: ASD vs LRFD: Say It Ain't So

Me too.

Design of connections using LRFD just as easy as the
old ASD design methodolgy.

Design of compression members is likewise no more
difficult than the old ASD design methodolgy.

The only little problem I had with beams was figuring
out how to quickly (and manually) compute the plastic
section modulus (Z). I knew how to compute the section
modulus (S), but that "Z" thing was new to me. After I
figured that out everything fell into place.

Cliff Schwinger