RE: professional Practice

I think we all know what Mark was implying…

Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 10:14 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: professional Practice

In a message dated 10/19/2004 9:54:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, marfra(--nospam--at)tstt.net.tt writes:

I thought all Americans are immigrants.

Mark Francois

The confusion is understandable.  Alot of people seem to think that learning the Pledge of Allegiance automatically makes them an American.

And the Merriam-Webster on-line dictionary would be a handy way for you to improve your English:

Main Entry: im·mi·grant

Pronunciation: 'i-mi-gr&nt
Function: noun
: one that immigrates

a : a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

b : a plant or animal that becomes established in an area where it was previously unknown

Gail Kelley