RE: ASTM For Headed Anchor Bolts

The most current version of the recurring feature referred to below is
available here (updated in 2004):

    http://tinyurl.com/yrku4

It states:

"The preferred material specification for anchor rods is ASTM F1554,
which covers hooked, headed, threaded and nutted anchor rods in three
strength grades: 36, 55 and 105. ASTM F1554 grade 36 is most commonly
specified, although grades 55 and 105 are normally available. ASTM F1554
grade 36 or ASTM F1554 grade 55 with weldability supplement S1 and the
carbon equivalent formula in ASTM F1554 Section S1.5.2.1 can be
specified to allow welded field correction should the anchor rods be
placed incorrectly in the field. ASTM F1554 grades 36, 55 and 105 are
essentially the anchor-rod equivalents of the generic rod specifications
ASTM A36, ASTM A572 grade 55 and A193 grade B7, respectively. Several
other ASTM specifications also can be used. For applications involving
unheaded rods, ASTM A36, A193, A307, A354, A449, A572, A588 and A687 can
be specified. For applications involving headed rods, ASTM A307, A354
and A449 can be specified."

Also, there is additional discussion in the full article at the link on
the progress F1554 has made in various regions.

Charlie