Re: Snow Drift load in Roof Valleys

Mike,

        If the code has omitted the need to design for an accumulation of
snow in roof valleys the code writers have made a mistake.  Since it is well
known by structural engineers working in snowy regions that excess snow does
build up in valleys it would become the engineer's responsibility to make a
reasonable allowance for this.

        I would expect an errata will be published to correct his oversight.

Regards,

H. Daryl Richardson