From: "Michael Laplante" <michael.laplante(--nospam--at)cima.ca>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: design load for fall protection.
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:06:13 -0400

I am designing support beams for a telescoping monorail crane. The client requires an attachment point to secure the operator. What design load is required by OHSA to arrest the freefall. There is an opening in the floor to access the level below. I have in the past used ( while working in the states) 5000 lbs. The project is in Montreal ( where I work now) and I can not find any reference to this type of loading.

TI A
Mike