RE: TEDDS - Maintenance & Update (M&U) contact

I received a reply from Janice Martin of SOFTEK about TEDDS maintenance and upgrade (M&U) contracts. CSC contracted with SOFTEK to handle the British based company’s North American services for user (and I suppose new user) M&U’s. My own M&U expired last year (2003) and I fell through the cracks - never getting the notification that my M&U was due in August of 2003. I have two years of catching-up at $150.00 per year plus $40.00 shipping and handling (which seems high to me).

I prefer TEDDS to Mathcad even though TEDDS requires the use of Word as a publisher. It would be nice if TEDDS provided the same appearance and automatic units conversions that is part of Mathcad, but there are problems with Mathcad running with a Spy Sweeping software that most of us with broadband need to protect our machines. Mathsoft was not, in my opinion, helpful in resolving my problem that I explained yesterday – it was simply too easy to pass it off to Webroot Software’s Spysweeper technical support.

At any rate, below is the reply I received from Janice Martin of SOFTEK along with her e-mail address.  This is not intended to be a solicitation – but rather as information to let those of you who never received the upgrade information bring your TEDDS M&U up to date.

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant