[Re: Summer Internship -Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)]

Dear Sir,

Please read the intended period for my intership as May-July 2005 instead
of May-July 2004. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanking You.

Dhawal Agarwal
3rd Year Undergraduate Student,
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Bombay
India

Dear Sir,

I am junior undergraduate student at the Indian Institute of Technology
(IIT), Bombay. I am currently in the third year of my Bachelor of
Technology (B. Tech) program at the Department of Civil Engineering. I am
highly interested in the field of Structural Engineering.

I am very keen to work as an intern for a period of three months during
the span of May-July 2004. I wanted to know whether you offer any summer
internship programs for students and if possible can I use this
opportunity to work with you.

Sir, Kindly go through my projects summary and informations about courses
undertaken at IIT(Detailed Below) and advise me about my chances of being
admitted for summer Internship in your research group.I would be glad to
send you any other information and would welcome any suggestions you may
like to offer.

Thanking You.

Dhawal Agarwal
3rd Year Undergraduate Student,
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Bombay
India

Project Summary:

?I have completed a research project titled ?Finite element based
techniques for  non-linear Analyses of membranes with wrinkles under
dynamic conditions? sponsored by  Indian Space Research Organization
(ISRO) at Indian Institute of Science (IISc),  Bangalore under the
guidance of Ass. Prof. Debasish Roy from May 20 2004 to July 2  2004. In
the above mention project I spent some time for understanding the
mechanics  of formations of wrinkles in membranes and dealing with
techniques for the removal of  ill conditioning in the system equations,
which describe membrane deformations.

?As a part of the project work assigned during the ?Civil Engineering
Drawing? course  we submitted a paper on construction of a residential
building. During the project  work I learnt principles of planning,
relation of frame work details, floors and  roofing systems, masonry, load
bearing and non-load bearing walls, working drawings of  building using
AUTOCAD 2004, quantity surveying and estimating the cost of residential
building, specifications and analysis of rates.

IMPORTANT COURSES TAKEN

?Introduction to civil engineering: rudiments of structural engineering,
soil mechanics, GPS, GIS, Hydraulics engineering.

%u2