Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Re: Minimum steel in slabs on ground==>>FRC is a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century!![Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Re: Minimum steel in slabs on ground==>>FRC is a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century!!
- From: "Syed Faiz" <sfaiz(--nospam--at)saudioger.com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:13:54 +0300
I think you're being a little bit unfair to the learned professors, especially to those who have contributions
towards research on "fiber-reinforced concrete".
From my own study and use, I know their works have greatly advanced the use of fibers in concrete and solved
lots of problems here and there.
And, in my opinion: fiber-reinforced concrete is a great new dimension in concrete (a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century)
which has offered numerous merits when it comes to crack-arrest, inhibiting crack-propagation and enhancing the tensile capacity.
Its use has also returned assured dividends, specially in mass concrete.
Finally, I wonder what experience you've vis-a-vis the use of fiber-reinforced concrete, however it appears you've little or none.
And, I know for sure this doesn't qualify you to pass judgements (on the years and years of works of a professor) as you're now doing.
Best regards all.
Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, MASCE
Senior Structural Engineer
Saudi Oger Ltd
P.O. Box: 1449
- Prev by Subject: RE: Re: Minimum steel in slabs on ground==>>FRC is a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century!!
- Next by Subject: MISC.: Hardy Panel 24" - Anchor Installation
- Previous by thread: Re: Follow up on Mathcad and Spyware.
- Next by thread: RE: Pouring Concrete==>>please STOP demeaning ACI!!