RE: Re: Minimum steel in slabs on ground==>>FRC is a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century!!

Gail:

I think you're being a little bit unfair to the learned professors, especially to those who have contributions
towards research on "fiber-reinforced concrete".

From my own study and use, I know their works have greatly advanced the use of fibers in concrete and solved
lots of problems here and there.

And, in my opinion: fiber-reinforced concrete is a great new dimension in concrete (a great invention/discovery of the 20th Century)
which has offered numerous merits when it comes to crack-arrest, inhibiting crack-propagation and enhancing the tensile capacity.
Its use has also returned assured dividends, specially in mass concrete.

Finally, I wonder what experience you've vis-a-vis the use of fiber-reinforced concrete, however it appears you've little or none.
And, I know for sure this doesn't qualify you to pass judgements (on the years and years of works of a professor) as you're now doing.

Best regards all.

Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, MASCE
Senior Structural Engineer
Saudi Oger Ltd