Re: design load for fall protection.

Mike
The Ontario Ministry of Labour guideline states that a
fall arrest system should be designed for a load of 1350
lbs for a falling man wearing a shock absorber or 1800
lbs w no shock absorber. This force is applied at the
end of his lanyard, so the force on the system
components has to be worked out, and can be more than
5000 lbs.  I imagine Quebec's rules are similar.
Gary