Re: Availability of Due Diligence Report Guidelines

Be particular in your scope of work, the discipline in through which you
will operate (i.e., NOT M/E/P/etc.) and all exclusions (similar to the
statement from Matthew Stuart). I also suggest being clear in the objectives
of your work in both the report and proposal - assess or confirm structural
capacity? highlight general deterioration? major maintenance issues? planned
change of use? loss of function? I typically copy this verbatim from one to
the other.

I also add the following to my reports, in various forms:

"These conclusions and recommendations are subject to alteration should
additional information be forthcoming, whether as additional documents,
document review or site investigation."

Any specifics would reference probes, tests, sampling, discovery, other
reports, etc.

James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc