Pocket PC

One of my employees is entering the pocket pc world.  I have an hp ipaq 3955.  I love it.  His buying hang-up is that he's having trouble deciding if he should shell out the bucks for bt/wi-fi. I setup a wireless network at home for my wife who works out of the house.  I personally don't feel I need the wireless access and don't use it.

Could anyone chime in on the following; a) should he purchase a unit with bt/wi-fi capability?, b) does anyone have experience checking email while mobile with pocketpc device?  don't you need a modem card that will interface with your cell phone, or does the wi-fi have a built in modem? c) we are currently looking at the dell axim x5/x30.  My comment was that the X30 has built-in bt/wi-fi but not a cf card slot.  The X5 has built-in cf card slot but not the bt/wi-fi.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Keith De Lapp, P.E.
KDL ENGINEERING
4995 Golden Foothill Parkway