RE: Pocket PC

I think you can still purchase an Axim X3i which does not have Bluetooth but have WiFi and a SDIMM card slot. The X30 might not have the card – I have not checked into this but thought it did. The difference other than Bluetooth is that the X30 has the Pocket PC 2003 upgrade that allows the user to rotate the screen into landscape view. Dell has no plans to offer an upgrade on the X3i because it does not have Bluetooth. You can not rotate the screen without purchasing software such as Nydots software that will rotate the screen on any Pocket PC.

I use my WiFi to access my computers when at home, in hotel rooms to access the Internet and at other companies when downloading files or coordinating over a wireless network.

I think I would go with the HP if the features are comparable as the Customer Care with Dell for services are poor. The product is good, but I have already used my extended warranty to replace the unit. It’s just that Customer Care sent it to the wrong place while I was on vacation and I needed my Axim with me for a number of uses.

Dennis

Dennis S. Wish, PE

California Professional Engineer

Structural Engineering Consultant