RE: Pouring Concrete==>>please STOP cementI!!

I pity the fool who gets worked up over grammar in the south (Yes, like John Stewart, I'm in favor of Mr. T for president). One of the first days back east we went through a Wendy's drive-thru for lunch, and the window attendant cherfully informed us, "I put you some salt and ketchup in the bag." Also, for those not southern regulars, "Y'all" is second person singular, "All y'all" is second person plural.

At 07:39 AM 10/22/2004 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]

I used to bristle at this, too. Then I began to notice egregious violations
of basic rules of written grammar, syntax and punctuation popping up all
over the place.

For example, the ubiquitous occurrence of "'s" to denote the plural.

Thus, I should have mentioned the "basic rule's of written grammar," etc.

What with the'se ubiquitou's violation's of the fundamental rule's of
written Engli'sh, I no longer have the ang'st to spend on the "cement"
thing.

(Except to say that when my wife commits this error--as she, alas,
frequently does--I tell her that I'm going to start calling cake "flour").

Jordan Truesdell, PE