From: Jen Wadsworth [mailto:JWadsworth(--nospam--at)TricoEngineering.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:03 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: wood framing - commercial structures

3 – the contractor and owner want 2x4 stud walls all around. Our walls (load bearing) are currently 2x6 stud walls for the first two levels, and 2x4 for the top two. This was decided from Table 2308.9.1 from IBC 2000.  Is there something I’m missing here, or am I correct in saying we need 2x6 walls to support 3 floors and a roof?