From: Sherman, William [mailto:ShermanWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 10:10 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Ladder on brick

Can an exterior ladder be supported off a brick veneer if it does not have
bottom support? I have a 4" brick veneer in front of an 8" CMU backup wall,
with an exterior ladder. The wall and veneer have already been installed and
an exterior ladder is to be installed at the exterior. I would prefer to
support the ladder off the CMU wall but that would be more difficult.
However, I am concerned with drilled-in anchors and induced moments in the
brick veneer.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO