Mass Peer Review...

List members:

I raised this topic a month or so ago; for those of you who responded previously

I ask to see if you are still interested…

I am working on a loft conversion project in Worcester, Mass.

Its essentially two REALLY BIG mill buildings that abut each other:

1)    a four story heavy timber/steel frame

2)    an adjacent one story heavy timber steel frame

Structural scope:           seismic retrofit and stair elevator infills/new openings

Under the Mass code and at the direction of the local code official,

based on the volume of the building and change of use (hazard index),

we need to have a peer review done.

The whole thing is really rather superficial; only a “general review” is required

With no calculations required to be submitted.

Basically, I need one of you fine Mass PE’s to review our drawings/details and issue a sealed letter that

Our design “appears to be in general compliance with the code” with no assumption of liability.

That’s really it.

Any interested parties, please email me at dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com and I’ll forward a set of pdf’s for a fee proposal.

Thanks!

David L. Fisher SE PE

Fisher + partners

372 West Ontario