RE: wood framing - commercial structures

That's when you crank the compressor up to 120-130psi and bump the depth setting on the gun. Most of the better framing nailers will sink a 16d gun nail into engineered lumber if you max out the pressure (or a bit more). It's a little harder to bump-fire and still set the head, especially for pasty geeks like me, but many framers prefer to disable bump-fire anyway due to safety concerns. Yes, those safety conscious guys are the same ones running the compressors to 130+ psi ;-)