RE: Ladder on brick

I'd recommend drilling through the veneer and into the CMU and using a
product like Hilti HIT HY 20 (as recommended by others).  By drilling into
the CMU you will change the force in the veneer from a moment to an axial
load (in the plane of the veneer).  The force in the anchor will be a couple
- up on the CMU and down on the veneer.

The HY 20 and screen tube will form keys in the cells of the brick, in the
air gap, and in the cell of the CMU to resist tension.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri