RE: wood framing - commercial structures

It's worth adding that every framer I know hates southern pine (which is likely the structural lumber of choice in the southeast) due to its tendency to twist while drying. Between the lumberyard and the site, it makes framing (and culling) annoying, and in the first year results in a large number of minor repairs to the drywall finish. I had a job where the drywall sub's upcharge for wood studs was greater than the framer's upcharge for steel studs.