Re: Was: Excel

Bill,
I have been writing my own spreadsheets since the MAC came
out in 1984.  I think what Mark is getting at may be that
should be some professional looking packages. This would
avoid possible errors, conditional stray paths, etc and would
look more professional.  I remember I helped a US engineer
with a Canadian reference to a problem--he sent me an
Excel copy of the problem.  I was impressed with his neatness
and speed--he sent the solution back in one day.  My
applications tend to be simple and basic.  Being an official
OF, I have never learned any neat or fancy tricks, as some
of the younger more computer literate engineers may have.
So I too would like to see some packages.  Perhaps someone
could sponsor a contest with a cash prize for the best
application. The CRSI did this with basic programs. What do
others think?
Gary