Site Built Wood Trusses

Hi

     I am designing the roof for a small agricultural building where the
owner want no interior walls or columns.  This is a perfect place to  use
wood truss.  The owner has not been able to locate a local truss manufacture
who is interested in doing the work.  First if any one has contacts for a
wood truss manufacturer in the Bakersfield Ca., I could use the name and
phone number.  Second the owner wants the option to have his contractor make
the wood trusses.  The calculations for the members is straight forward
however the connections are not.  Connection plates made from sheet metal
and nails seams the best way.  I am concerned with the ability of the
contractor to make the sheet metal connection plates and there cost.  The
plates seam large due to the number of nails required.   I would like to
know what others have done for the connections for on site built trusses.

    Thanks in advance
    Acie Chance