From: Jim Wilson [mailto:wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 10:32 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Live load / occupancy correlation

Is there an accepted average weight per person for purpose of correlating between a floor live load rating and a maximum occupancy number?  For example, if a 10ft x 10ft room has a floor rating of 40psf live load (assume 100% human live load), how many people could the room support?

I can't find any such reference in ASCE and Google is coming up short on this one.

TIA,
Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA

Do you Yahoo!?